the required safety functions and risk reduction. A process of reviews and discussion of the intended function as well as formal hazard and risk analysis are applied to distinguish hazards and corresponding safety functions.
Mechanical products suitable for functional safety certification include:
- Equipment parts with safety functions.
- Industrial valves and sub-systems.
- Hydraulic, pneumatic and electromechanical components.
- Hydraulic, pneumatic and electrical drives and actuators.
- Hydraulic and pneumatic control systems.
- Sensors for physical size measurements like temperature, pressure, fill level and flow rate.
After confirming that your mechanical components are in accordance with ISO 61508, we apply our “SIL/PL capability” test mark.